Back to job listings
Senior Designer, Exhibits, Atlanta
Our client is an international custom exhibit and event production firm offering solutions that meet the branding/marketing needs of their clients. From major industry trade shows to high profile events that produce results, this organization helps corporations engage their target audience.
They are currently seeking top industry talent for their team in Atlanta. The Senior 3D Designer must have thorough knowledge of the entire environmental design process from conceptual sketching to 3 Dimensional renderings, specifying materials and working with the production team to keep the integrity of the design. The successful candidate must be able to interact with current and perspective clientele in both capability and design presentations as well interacting with other design team members and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work as part of a creative team focused on developing 3D exhibits and environments
- Visualize and bring to life graphic elements in exhibit environments with interpretive displays through renderings and sketches
- Prioritize tasks and work flow in a high paced design field
- Oversight of the design process in order to give clear direction to both the internal team while meeting client expectations
- Development through multiple phases of the design process, including conceptualization, design development, final digital artwork and fabrication oversight
- Maintain work flow at in accordance with project schedule
- Work directly with Clients, Estimators, Account Executives, Account Managers and the Production Department during the design process to ensure the proposed designs are within budget and appropriate to the project and venue
- Design a product and develop concepts that include functionality, serviceability, manufacturing, and material selections that are fresh and original while balancing company objectives and client needs
- Provide Designs, Illustrations and layouts
- Provide 3D images and 2D drawings for client or vendor review by using traditional hand drawn techniques and or PC format programs such as; Autodesk 3D Max, 3D-VIZ, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Provide collateral support such as graphic design, content development etc.
- Provide printed and or digital materials for the final presentation
- Provide callouts and design intent on all designs for estimating and initial production conversations
- Provide revisions upon request
- Work with the Account Team, Detailing and Production to provide relevant details for production
- Review all detail drawings for adherence to design intent
- Travel to meetings and site visits as required by projects
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in design related field such as, Exhibit Design, Industrial Design, Theater or Architecture preferred
- 7+ years experience industry experience
- Proficiency in 3D Studio Max, Form Z 6.0, 3D Studio Max or 3D Studio Viz
- Proficient with Adobe CS3 (Photoshop and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled in translating marketing messages and guidelines to environments and experiences
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and illustrative
- Must be able to effectively communicate and comfortably interact with internal teams, and organizational leadership
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven knowledge of materials, finishes, and fabrication techniques
- Must be detail-oriented, possess exceptional organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment, competently handling demanding deadlines
Recommend this job to a friend.