Back to job listings
Estimator, Exhibits, Denver
Our client is a full-service trade show exhibit, branded environments and event marketing firm specializing with a reach that encompasses domestic and global markets. They offer creative solutions to address all aspects of their client's exhibit needs, including trade shows, management, live corporate events and museum displays. They have an immediate need for an industry experienced estimator to provide timely and accurate estimates.
The estimator’s primary function is interpreting design renderings, or provided written descriptions, while applying cost probabilities to calculate project costs and selling price of a given project or component.
The successful candidate will engage in regular inter-departmental communication and maintain strong relationships with outside vendors.
- Produce timely and accurate estimates from floor plans, sketches, models, renderings, oral and written descriptions, and other sources, breaking down projects into components
- Provide research to fulfill estimate requests including internet research, finding appropriate vendors and specialty materials, utilizing internal sources such as the production manager, CAD, PM’s, or any other internal source that facilitate providing accurate estimates for Sales and Account Managers
- Provide accurate descriptions of material cost and labor
- Tracking hours required to perform the estimating function
- Document, log, and complete estimating templates
- Keep abreast of changes in production methods, material, labor costs, and other standards
- Collaboration with internal departments, vendors and clients
- Provide feedback during kick off meetings for pricing constraints that can include value engineering, component substitution or other issues that will affect PM or CAD
- Evaluate feasibility of meeting client requirements
- Observe deadlines
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the Trade Show Industry
- Experience in Fabrication, CAD, Graphics, Engineering, Accounting, and Project Management
- Extensive knowledge and experience of all phases of exhibit design, production, and of prices and standards
- Commitment to continuing education on vendor materials and pricing, estimating programs, templates and fabrication techniques
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency
- Ability to review design renderings with the understanding of fabrication process requirements and apply educated cost assumptions to the estimate template
- Good communication skills and ability to extract pertinent data from oral and written information as well as standard visual sources
- Strong service orientation and cost consciousness
- Ability to operate under severe time constraints
- Vendor relationship skills and versatile knowledge of all common exhibit materials including wood and metal
Recommend this job to a friend.
Salary: $60K+ DOE